The Agora Theater + Ballroom
The Agora Theater and Ballroom is Cleveland’s oldest extant theater, having originally opened in 1913 as the Metropolitan Theater. Throughout its life, it has served many roles, from the home of a Jewish theater troupe to a vaudeville theater to a burlesque house, but most notably, it was the home of WHK Radio and Studio. LDA architects worked on a phased improvement plan to rejuvenate the historic theater for the next generation of great performers. In addition, LDA was engaged for our expertise in historic preservation and was responsible for applying for designation and listing on the National Register of Historic Places, as well as applying for competitive state and federal rehabilitation tax credits.